But this isn't a post with just pretty pictures of cool products (those are below though, so relax), this is about a successful business model which is among several to emerge as the "new normal" in today's economically challenging (understatement), socially engaged, and networked global consumer society.
By combining her unique style flair and modernly young approach to a start up business based around a social network, crowd sourcing (WWD), bloggers as PR agents, and the goal to have fun and then make money, Susan Gregg has turned her small startup into a multi-million dollar "emerging internet company you should know about (CNBC)".
There have been many business articles written about the Modcloth founder and the company rise to success, and I suggest all should read them because they are a great case study for a super low cost start up that, with a good concept, perseverance and a unique vision can go viral.
There is so much internet chatter about "innovation" and it seems everyone is looking for the next iPhone or iPad, but innovation can be anywhere. Modcloth's business and marketing strategies as well as their "top business to work" for corporate culture is an innovation. And should be studied and used as inspiration.
Twitterific Gift Ideas From Modcloth
- One Tweet Hook $8.99
- Water Color Canary Clock $37.99
- Tweet Home Key Holder $15.99
- Tweet Yourself Jewelry Stand $26.99
- Posing Robin Wall Hook $27.99
- Pecking Order Salt and Pepper Shakers $38.99
- skipped for good luck
- Very Tweet Jewelry Stand $32.99
- Stocking Up on Necessities $29.99
- One Small Chirp Wall Hook $6.99
- Thirsty Birtie Bottle Opener $9.99
- Fancy Cup Of Tree Set $44.99
- Bright In Flight Lamp $87.99
- Free At Last Wallet $27.99
- Paperclip Perch $11.99