Friday, November 12, 2010

Design Trend: Chevron Stripes? I'm on the Fence

I've been seeing Chevron stripes everywhere from home furnishings, to fashion runways, to gas stations (since late 2008, early 2009). I'm not sure how I feel about this trend. I think it's a tad too late 1980s looking for me. But I can't ignore it any longer. It's in all the magazines, blogs, retail stores, blah blah.


It also transcends all styles from modern to historic country. So, I guess there is a little for everyone. Even Charlie Brown subscribes to the trend!



Black Chevron Stripe Note Cards (Set of 10)
From Pixelimpress on Etsy
Discovered in Ivy & Piper Spring Magazine
So, I'm sharing it with you, and I'll let you decide for yourself.

Limeade, black, and white ... definitely the trend d'jour... (see yesterday's post)



Tish's Place Blog, September 22, 2010
1. Printed leather bag, Balenciaga F2009. Image via Style // 2. Throw pillows from Missoni Home’sModernism Collection. Available at Auto // 3&4. Ebonized ash wood + woven cotton Shaker-inspired chair, designed by Jaime Grey and available at Matter Matters.


January 14, 2009! from Coquette blog
Chevron Stripe Dress and Sweater from Diane VonFurstenburg Spring  2010 Colleciton
see more here  , here,)

From Apartment Therapy Chevron Rug 
Rug from Williamsburg Marketplace

"Restful Inclinations" from Anthopologie featured in Adore Home, $68 

Tish's Place Blog May 5, 2010 Missoni Home Chairs on Alto Chair 

"Ruby Green East Village"
by Oliveaux featured in
Adore Home  Canadian$125
Vida Style on Etsy
featured in Adore Home 

Jill Rosenwald's Chevron Vases via The Love List Blog


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...