His December 29th, 2012 "GlobalBiz: 2013 Look Ahead" podcast features great interviews with a couple of my favorite trend forecasters:
Mark Anderson, Strategic News Service
- technological security threats through the hardware and chips, not just software and hacking.
- Hacktivists as our friends.
- Driverless cars coming sooner than we think
David Mattin, Lead Strategist, TrendWatching.com
- Emerging markets targeting other emerging markets with their brands, products, and innovations.
- Our smartphones will be interwoven into every aspect of our lives'. It will be a "lifestyle revolution". Our personal assistant. The more we personalize our apps, the better our assistants will know us.
- QR codes are the future ... ? Peapod as an example. (Forbes article , Instore Trends, as well)
- M-health will make our healthcare providers smarter and safer. Democratizing and empowering healthcare.
- 3D printing - "Again Made Here", The return of manufacturing to "developed markets". Greater innovation. (my 2012 3D printing report)
Caroline Webb, Seven Shift Leadership
- The new normal
- VUCA = Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity
- Personal endurance is a skill we need to master individually
- Planning for an uncertain future in organizations