Sunday, March 20, 2011

What I'm Watching: An Idiot Abroad



I laugh out loud, tears streaming down my face, stomach aches from too much laughing - hilarious!



I've seen all the episodes, I'm not sure if they are being re-run quite yet, but you can check it out here.

An Idiot Abroad

Karl is a stereotypical Brit, or that is how he is billed by his "friends"...

In his first season they have sent him to the 7 Wonders of the World. His comments are hilarious, sometimes poignant (see Palestinian Wall below), and
Wall between Israel and Palestine

Sometimes his comments seem inane, but, I think anyone who has done world and culture travels, they can relate at least a little.
Karl in front Petra monastery
Jordan
The sense of being overwhelmed by amazing art, artifacts, and culture. I had this experience after a Semester studying Art History in Florence Italy. On my last weekend before our flight home, we went to the Vatican, it was 110 and humid. By the time we were in the Sistine Chapel, my only thought was, "ugh, another G-damed Michaelangelo!"

On baithing in the Ganges
Karl Pilkington in the Ganges
Ganges, India
Karl Pilkington watches Easter parade in Mexico
Karl in Mexico for Easter

China video

Brazil

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...